Alchemy is able to offer a wide range of estate planning and fiduciary services to enable you to manage assets in your portfolio effectively and to allow you to leave your estate to the right people when you pass on. Alchemy is able to assist with present and deceased estates. These services include but are not limited to:
- Drafting and documenting of wills.
- Formation of Trusts, Trust Administration, and Trusteeship.
- Specialised estate planning.
- Deceased estate administration.
- Offshore trusts and structures.
- Tax, exchange control, and legal advice.
There are a number of steps you can take to ensure your estate is dissolved effectively for your chosen beneficiaries from a time and cost perspective. It is critical to draw up a valid, current and legal will assisted by a suitably qualified professional. Achieve the peace of mind by knowing that you have done everything possible to manage your financial affairs.
Apart from nominating heirs and appointing estate executors, you should give thought to the following topics which may impact you and your estate:
- Have you updated your will recently?
- Is your will written in a plain, simple and unambiguous language to ensure your wishes are correctly followed out?
- Do you have sufficient liquidity in your estate to settle debts, taxes and estate administration costs?
- Do you have sufficient liquidity to provide for the financial security of your family?
- How are you providing for divorce order maintenance obligations?
- Who will be the guardian of your minor children?
- Is it better to have onshore or offshore investments?
- Would it be beneficial to you and your family to form a trust?
- How will your business be protected in the event of your death?
A trust can be formed for many reasons. The following is a list, but not limited to:
- Estate and tax planning.
- Asset protection.
- Provision of continuity;
- Protection for minors and persons incapable of managing their own affairs.
- Achievement of charitable and educational purposes.
- Black Economic Empowerment.